We welcome your participation for humanity
The Founder of Manav Seva Sangh, Swami Sharnanand ji lost his eye sight when he was 10 years old while he was in 4th standard. His father was very religious person. Many religious saints used to visit his village at that time and he used to invite saints at his home which gave an opportunity to swami ji to be in touch with spiritual persons. He pondered over his loss of eye sight, which caused misery and thought that persons with eyes may not be facing misery. After enquiring various persons, he came to know the truth that persons having eye sights are also facing miseries on account of one or other reason. He thought one night that we all become blind while sleeping but we do not feel miserable. He pondered over the reason and found that we do not have desire to see at that time so the root cause of misery is desire. This thought enlightened him and he proceeded on the path of self enquiry and search for truth. Though he lost his physical eyes but his inner eyes opened. He was 19 years old at that time ad he took a vow to give up all dependence on objects and companions to observe strict discipline and relying solely on God. The great soul left his physical body on 25th Dec 1974 as he already disclosed to his disciples about his departure time.
Mysterious Events in the life of Swami ji
Once Swami ji was travelling on foot alone from Mathura to Agra due to rains, the earth was sunken at one place. Swami ji slipped in water in the river. Due to his blindness, he could not see the direction in which to swim so he surrendered everything to God and relaxed his body while drowning. To his astonishment he felt as if someone lifted him up above the water and put him on dry land. When he got up, he found a new stick in his hand, which is still in Ashram. We may call this as God grace. There are many mysterious incidents with him like this and these deepened him faith in God.
Establishment of Sangh:
Manav Seva Sangh was established on 27th Nov 1952, on the pious day of Geeta Jayanti by Swami Sharnanand Ji Manaraj at Vrindavan district Mathura. Now this Institution has Ashrams at Rachi (Jharkhand), Jaipur (Rajasthan), Bithoor (Kanpur), Ghazipur (U.P) and newaly 45 branches across the length and breadth of country. Ashrams have following facilities inspire of limited resources.
- Guidance for spiritual seekers.
- Medical facilities
- Free Food services
- Caw service
- Environment care
- Free Drinking water service
- Short term stay facility
- Education service at selected centers
The main purposes behind the establishment of Manav Seva Sangh are as below:
- Manav Seva Sangh is not a union of persons but union of sadhakas (spiritual seekers) .
- Manav Seva Sangh is open to all irrespective of having differences in religion, caste, creed, colour or sex.
- The motive of Manava Seva Sangh is to make every human being as true human (Manava) by right use of capability, prudence and faith in God.
- Not to build large spacious builds and collection crowd but to wake up the sleeping humanity by the way of-Satsang.
- Not to distinguish any human being on account of differences in religion, caste, creed, colour or sex.
- To achieve clam and peace even in turbulence.
- To keep oneself detached from greed, lust desire and anger.
- To make life happier by raising higher human values.
- To proceed on the path of spiritual awakening by means of self-help and dialogue amongst fellow seekers.
Basis Principles for the sadhaks:
- To do Self introspection by using prudence and observing one’s own fault not of others.
- Not to repeat mistakes by having strong determination and firm faith in God.
- To do justice with oneself and forgiveness for others.
- Self-improvement by controlling sense organs and discovering truth by having faith in God.
- Not to treat others duty as one’s own right, others kindness as one’s quality and others weakness as one’s own strength.
- Having feeling of affection to all human beings, in spite of not having any short of relations whatsoever.
- To serve in practical manner nearby residing human beings as one’s strength and capability.
- To observe restrain in diet and self-dependency in daily works.
- To become loveable and useful to all by the way of doing good works by body, controlling one’s mind, right use of intellect, love in the heart and erasing Ego.
- To give importance to goods over coins persons over goods, prudence over persons and Truth over prudence.
- To brighten the future by abandoning useless thoughts and making right use of present.
- Physical – To have the best utilization of available circumstances.
- Spiritual – to remain unattached from everything and work without desiring its fruits,
- 3. Faith- surrender to supreme God